[EpiData-list] In analysis

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Oct 22 01:27:30 CDT 2004

Dear Sir
Greetings

Kindly tell me some examples about select date variable

I have variable in which i stored the date in (dd/mm/yyyy) format.

but in analyis i use select command to selecting the date it does not work.

I type the SELECT SYNATX LIKE THAT on command prompt

MY DATE VARIABLE IS - A39 THIS VARIABLE TYPE IS (DD/MM/YYYY)

SELECT  A39  > "10/10/1959"
IT GIVES THE MESSAGE INCOMPATIBLE STRING VARIABLE . BUT IN EPINFO -60.4  IT WORKS VERY GOOD.

TELL ME SOME EXAMPLES HOW SHOULD I USE THE SELECT COMMAND TO SELECT > ,  <  DATE IN EPIDATA ANALYSIS

PLESE REPLY SOON  I AM WATING
THANKING YOU