[EpiData-list] In analysis

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Oct 22 04:26:32 CDT 2004

In the new part of documentation (from v0.9 build 10 of analysis) there
is a file with "how to ..." on this topic the content is:

Select by date - existing variable
Solution: use the built in formulae.
Adapt according to your date format (dmy/mdy/ymd)

E.g. to select all born before 12th of february 1988:

Select birthday < dmy(12,2,1988)
Select birthday < date("02/12/1988","mdy")
Select birthday < date("12/02/1988","dmy")

The first uses function dmy(,,), the second date(,) with mdy and the
third date(,) with "dmy".

regards Jens Lauritsen

>>> <epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca> 22-10-2004 08:27:30 >>>

Dear Sir
Greetings

Kindly tell me some examples about select date variable

I have variable in which i stored the date in (dd/mm/yyyy) format.

but in analyis i use select command to selecting the date it does not
work.

I type the SELECT SYNATX LIKE THAT on command prompt

MY DATE VARIABLE IS - A39 THIS VARIABLE TYPE IS (DD/MM/YYYY)

SELECT  A39  > "10/10/1959"
IT GIVES THE MESSAGE INCOMPATIBLE STRING VARIABLE . BUT IN EPINFO -60.4
 IT WORKS VERY GOOD.

TELL ME SOME EXAMPLES HOW SHOULD I USE THE SELECT COMMAND TO SELECT > ,
 <  DATE IN EPIDATA ANALYSIS

PLESE REPLY SOON  I AM WATING
THANKING YOU