[EpiData-list] Problems with variable labels after transferring data from Epidata to Stata

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Dec 6 05:48:41 CST 2004

Hi:

I'm a newcomer to Epidata and am holding a course on Data entry and
analysis for our Masters students this week. I have a problem in that
variable labels that seem to work well in Epidata 3.02 are not maintained
properly after exporting the data to Stata. It works fine when exporting to
SPSS.

The pictures under
http://www.cih.uib.no/presentations/hsommerfelt/EpidataLabels.JPG
illustrate the problem.

I would greatly appreciate advice on how to solve the problem.

Yours sincerely

Professor Halvor Sommerfelt, MD, PhD, DTM,
Centre for International Health,
University of Bergen,
Armauer Hansen Building,
N-5021 Bergen,