[EpiData-list] Re: New analysis build (18) ready for testing(error reading date variables)

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Mar 2 06:53:54 CST 2005

Thanks Jens
When you export oswego.rec to STATA using EpiData, you get a string variable in STATA that you have to work with, but no error

I agree that this rather strange format with only mont hand day is not fantastic. Anyway, quite many people did use it because for brief studies it is OK
The idea of developping a kind of conversion procedure makes sense, even if some recoding is needed after conversion like in STATA
The crucial point is the ability to transfer old files to EpiData whether or not is absolutely "ready to use"

Regards

Robert