[EpiData-list] "find records" not working properly

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Mar 14 10:41:54 CST 2005

Hi all,
I'm a new user of EpiData, and have a question regarding "finding records."
When I try to find a certain case using a "Find Records" command, I
sometimes get an error message saying "searching string(s) not found," even
though the record I'm looking for is in the file. The identifier field I
used is a numeric variable (caseid with four digits).
Even more perplexing is for other data files, the "Find Records" works.
I've created all data files in a same way, and don't understand why "Find
Records" works sometimes, but not other times.
Am I missing something or doing in a wrong way? I have a same problem with
both EpiData 2.01 and 3.02 versions.
Any helps or comments on this will be greatly appreciated.
Best,

Jin