[EpiData-list] EpiData Analysis v1.1 (problems with prevention of several instances in Win98)

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Jan 8 12:40:04 CST 2006

It was reported that the new mechanism of preventing several instances
running  of analysis at the same time gives problems in windows 98.
After telling that "another instance is running" the computer clogged
and  had to be rebooted.

If other users experience this please report to the list.

As an alternative I created an install routine which tests for windows
version and have sent that one to the user with the problem.

We might have to reverse the principle, such that at all installations
(xp, 2000  and over) a file rundouble.ini is placed with the exe file by
the default installation. If users want to run more than one instance
they can delete the file or avoid the installation of that file by
selecting "user specified installation" and unmark the option to install
this.

More news in a few days.

regards