[EpiData-list] Consistency check on date field

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Feb 3 09:00:39 CST 2006

There is a date (<DD/MM/YYYY>) field on my REC file; date entered here
has to be before today.

Copy of the check block I wrote for it:

dquest
  AFTER ENTRY
    IF (DQUEST>TODAY) THEN
      HELP "Can't be after today!" TYPE=ERROR
      GOTO dquest
      CLEAR dquest
    ENDIF
    IF (DQUEST<DISOL) THEN
      HELP "Can't be before sampling date !" TYPE=ERROR
      GOTO dquest
      CLEAR dquest
    ENDIF
  END
END

As a matter of fact, it works well, but error message each time an
'illegal value' is entered on the field:
'error in IF expression: cannot apply opLT to boolean operands'.

Only way not to see these error msgs each record: I unchecked the 'Show
errors that occur in calculations in the check file during data entry'.

Someone has an idea? What did I make wrong?

Thanks
Gilles