[EpiData-list] second try: order of missing valuesindocument->codebook

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Mar 30 01:49:24 CST 2006

I gave it a try:
- When the variable is NUMERIC (as it is the case in your file), missing (.) values appear at the end of the tabulation. When it is STRING, missing (.) values appear at the top of the tabulation as follows:
var1S -------------------------------------------------------------------- var1S
                   type:  Texte majuscule
     Libellés des codes:  libellé_var1s

               manquant:  3/7
        valeurs uniques:  4

             tabulation:   Freq.   P.100  Valeur  Libellé
                              3    42.9       .
                              1    14.3       1  1
                              1    14.3       2  2
                              2    28.6       3  3

var2N -------------------------------------------------------------------- var2N
                   type:  Numérique
     Libellés des codes:  libellé_var1s

               manquant:  3/7
             fourchette:  [2 ; 3]
        valeurs uniques:  3

             tabulation:   Freq.   P.100  Valeur  Libellé
                              3    42.9       2  2
                              1    14.3       3  3
                              3    42.9       .

Note: as shown in your example, there is a redundancy in the checkblock: the variable is controlled by a list if valid values ('label_ramde7'), AND there a Range command (0-10,98). As it is already controlled by the list, it is not useful to control it twice with 'Range - legal'. Choose either of the 2 control systems, remove the other one, and check again.

			Gilles DELMAS
			Institut de Veille Sanitaire
			Dept. Maladies Infectieuses,
			Unité infections entériques, alimentaires et zoonoses
			12 rue du Val d'Osne 94415 Saint-Maurice cedex - France
			+ 33 1 41 79 67 27
			g.delmas at invs.sante.fr