[EpiData-list] Floating point error in analysis (describe)

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Aug 2 14:01:22 CDT 2007

re: "invalid floating pint" error with DESCRIBE in Analysis
> I use the command line editor to issue DESCRIBE * command, and I get descriptive summaries of all variables, including the variable called AMOUNT.
>
> But when I issue the command DESCRIBE AMOUNT, I get an error message: Invalid floating point operation

Please do the following:
1. Download the most recent testing version of EpiData Analysis:
www.epidata.dk/testing.php
2. Retry the same analysis
3. Report to the list if the problem persisted.
4. If the problem persisted:
   a. pack your data file in a zip file (e.g. with epidata entry - tools
menu).
   b. report the error to the epidata mantis system
        http://www.epidata.dk/php/mantis/login_page.php
        and upload the zip file as part of the error report.

Kind regards