[EpiData-list] Incomplete execution of PGM

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Aug 20 06:58:26 CDT 2007

  Dear All,
                         I am bringing to your kind attention one more and last problem. Hopefully this will be looked into before the release of ver 2  of Epidata Analysis. I have a sample database of distribution of illness according to the socio- economic status in the population. The socio- economic status is divided into 1,2 and 3 classes. The sample SES.pgm  is listed below..

*SES.PGM
CLS
CLOSE
SET ECHO=OFF
READ "D:\EPIDATA\SES\SES.REC"
TYPE "\LTABLE SHOWING ILLNESS IN THE SES CLASS 1"
SELECT SES=1
TABLES SEX ILLNESS
SELECT

TYPE "\LTABLE SHOWING ILLNESS IN THE SES CLASS 2"
SELECT SES=2
TABLES SEX ILLNESS
SELECT

TYPE "\LTABLE SHOWING ILLNESS IN THE SES CLASS 3"
SELECT SES=3
TABLES SEX ILLNESS
SELECT
*END OF PGM

 When I run the PGM, following output is generated.

TABLES SHOWING ILLNESS IN THE SES CLASS 1
Sex
Illness	F	M	Total
N	2	1	3
Y	0	3	3
Total	2	4	6
TABLES SHOWING ILLNESS IN THE SES CLASS 2
No data!
Operation aborted

Since there is no data in the socio-economic class 2, the PGM  “aborts the operation”. The rest of the PGM is not processed. I am attaching a sample SES.ZIP containing the necessary qes, chk and rec files. The latest test ver 2 (build 112b) of Epi Analysis was used.

If this feature is looked into, large PGMs can be run without sny break.  Is there any solution of this problem?

Dr. Shavinder Singh