[EpiData-list] improvised checkboxes

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed May 21 13:54:51 CDT 2008

I understand that epiData does not have checkboxes as such. Therefore the boolean fieldtype is suggested. In order to save time when entering data for certain variables, I would like to have epiData automatically write N, if nothing is entered. Otherwise all dummy variables are created as missing, unless I type "0" or "N" in each field. Is there a way to do this automatically?

I already tried
MISSINGVALUE N
or
MISSINGVALUE 0