[EpiData-list] improvised checkboxes

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed May 21 16:15:23 CDT 2008

Hi Marius,

you may have 3 types of variables in the qes file:

var1 #
var2 _
var3 <Y>

var1
 COMMENT LEGAL
  1  yes
  0  no
 END
 AFTER ENTRY
  IF var1 = . THEN
    var1=0
  ENDIF
 END
END

var2
 COMMENT LEGAL
  1  yes
  0  no
 END
 AFTER ENTRY
  IF var2 = . THEN
    var2=0
  ENDIF
 END
END

var3
 AFTER ENTRY
  IF var3 = . THEN
    var3=0
  ENDIF
 END
END

As you see var3 don't require labels. The principle is the same, when
you type "enter" with no value, then the check program replace the
missing value by "0".

Hope it works

Vladimir

2008/5/21  <epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
<mailto:epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca>>:
- Zobrazit citovaný text -

 > I understand that epiData does not have checkboxes as such. Therefore
the boolean fieldtype is suggested. In order to save time when entering
data for certain variables, I would like to have epiData automatically
write N, if nothing is entered. Otherwise all dummy variables are
created as missing, unless I type "0" or "N" in each field. Is there a
way to do this automatically?