[EpiData-list] preventing duplicate entries - ps

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Nov 23 14:22:01 CST 2009

Just an extension to previous mail:
The principle I described should work, but extend the system replacing
site or clinic with date. To get all the old data recoded  (the
following is not a nice way, but works):
0. turn off the "key unique in fldcontrol"
1
a. go to record 1.
b. press and hold enter key down until you have been through all records
- this will recode the control field in existing data. (sometimes I put
a pencil in the keyboard to lock the enter key).
2
turn on the "key unique" in fldcontrol
3
you should be working allright.