[EpiData-list] EpiData 3.1. blank line output

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Oct 25 10:45:28 CDT 2011

Dear Hans,

thank you so much in advance. Apologies for being so unspecific, I am
trying to describe the problem properly now. What I meant with "newly
established table" is a questionnaire form which does not contain data
yet. When starting with the data entry the problem occured, though it
was only recognized when viewing the data after entering several
individual records. The problem is that the very first line contains
absolutely no data (as far as I can see). In my mind this could not be
possible with EpiData and now I am trying to find the reason behind
the phenomenon. I hope this clarifies my situation.

Thanks a lot in advance, many greetings from Germany,
Nina

Am 24.10.2011 20:14, schrieb epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca:
> Liebe Nina-Claire:
>
> I'd love to be able to respond, but I can't quite figure out the problem
> you are having. Could you be more specific? What do you mean with "newly
> established table"? A table is the result of data aggregation but
> EpiData is about entering individual records.
>
> Regards,
>
> Hans
>

> On 20:59, epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca wrote:
>> Dear members of the EpiData-Team,
>>
>> I am writing to you with the following question/concern:
>> I am using the programme EpiData 3.1. to insert data from a
>> questionnaire, where in the end every line contains the data from one
>> questionnaire. In a newly established table the first line is without
>> entry while the following lines contain data, though I thought that
>> this is impossible in EpiData - is there any explanation how this
>> blank line could have happened? Is it possible to save a line without
>> having inserted any data in the original questionnaire form?
>>
>> Thanks a lot to everybody,
>> greetings from Germany,
>> Nina-Claire Himpe

Nina-Claire Himpe
Wiss. Mit. von Prof. Dr. Ulrike Davy
Lehrstuhl für öffentliches Recht, deutsches und
internationales Sozialrecht, Rechtsvergleichung
Fakultät für Rechtswissenschaft
Universität Bielefeld
Postfach 10 01 33
33 501 Bielefeld