[EpiData-list] epidata as relational database for disaster electronic medical record

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Oct 31 12:50:09 CDT 2011

Chris:

The principles of a relational database in EpiData Entry are very simple
and totally straight forward from the perspective of concept and from
the grammar how to link two files.

It gets a bit trickier in the EpiData Analysis part: the merging is
simple, but the "reshuffling" from vertical to horizontal to go from
visits with case information to cases with multiple visit information
takes a bit more.  If it comes to that, you may find the extensive
documentation in our EpiData course on my web site (see link at the
bottom) helpful.  On the web site go to "EpiData course" in the
navigation panel, and in the opening page look for Part D, Exercise 1
and download the PDF files both of "Task" and "Solution".

Hans

--
Hans L Rieder, MD, MPH
Jetzikofenstr 12