[EpiData-list] EpiData and MPH Training

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Oct 31 16:07:51 CDT 2011

I used the old MS-DOS Epi Info in an intro epi class for several years at Rush Presbyterian in Chicago.  I taught them how to set up an entry program and how to do simple analysis using the software and then gave them the data for an outbreak (an ID in a school involving children from different neighborhoods and different classrooms).  The assignment was to set up the data and then do a person-time-place analysis of the outbreak.  It went very well, and I'm sure Epidata would be much easier these days than using MS-DOS in Windows 15 years ago.  The students mostly did well and often said it gave them a tool to use in their own practice areas.

Richard Herrell, PhD
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research
Silver Spring, MD