[EpiData-list] EpiData and MPH Training

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Nov 2 14:55:21 CDT 2011

Hi Eric

it was good to see your post. I teach some short courses using Epidata to investigate outbreaks as part of an epi skills development programme offered by ESR (the New Zealand equivalent of CDC). These are short courses for public health field staff. I've also used Epidata as part of a mainly online MPH programme (although the course itself was face to face) in biosecurity for Drs and Vets from South Asia - again the focus has been outbreak detection so far. However we are looking at using Epidata as part of some ongoing project work e.g. knowledge attitude prevalence surveys. If you would like to talk some more about this maybe we could have a discusssion off line.

best wishes

Christine

Christine Roseveare| Senior Public Health Analyst, Systems Quality and Intelligence | Clinical Leadership and Intelligence Group |
T 04 570 9194 | M 027 495 9671 | F 04 570 9211 | Regional Public Health | Private Bag 31-907 Lower Hutt 5040 | www.rph.org.nz

My hours of work are 9 - 5.30 Monday to Thursday

>>> <epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca> 1/11/2011 9:25 a.m. >>>
Greetings from Burlington,

I am a new member of epidata-list, and I am keen to receive advice about
incorporating training in EpiData Entry and Analyst in the MPH Program at
the Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the Univ. of Toronto. I teach the
course on Public Health Surveillance in the second term. This will be the
second year that I oversee this course, and I would like to find some better
way to integrate the lectures and the exercises, perhaps through EpiData
training. I suspect that EpiData would be ideal for introducing the
principles and basic skills required for CD outbreak detection and
management. But I think it might also be useful for cluster investigation,
socio-demographic profiles (e.g., recent immigrants in a PHU area) and
monitoring behavioural RF over time.

Keen to hook up with epidata-list members who have some experience offering
training in EpiData at the MPH level. Keen to find useful teaching exercises
that are shareable, too.

Most grateful for any advice!

Sincerely,

Eric J. Holowaty,

Professor, Div. of Epidemiology,

Dalla Lana School of Public Health,

Univ. of Toronto.

--
The information contained in this email and
any attachments is confidential and may be