[EpiData-list] EpiData Manager bugs - Request for assistance.

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Nov 7 17:26:05 CST 2011

Lu 07 nov 2011

This message was sent to epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca two days ago, but
only the tittle was published in the Digest; for this reason, I'm sending
it again, with the added mention "Request for assistance".

Dear colleagues,

I'm exploring EpiData Manager for creating a very simple data entry form.

Here is the major bugs I encountered:

- I can't save the epx file outside of the "bureau".

- Each time I try to use the field value label editor (adding a new value)
the system crash with an error message "out of memory"; this jump me out
of Manager and when I try to open the existing epx file I can't and the
following error message is displayed: "Unable to open the file. An unknown
error occured". The file can't be recovered (I recreated a new epx file,
but I lost all of them [including my patience after 10 trials]).

- Displacing a field on the screen is somewhat erratic; the question
beside the field seems to go farther away each time I try to correct the
alignment.

- Creating a new section box is problematic; I keep creating boxes over
and over again and it's impossible to go back or to delete the empty
boxes.

Giving those bugs, I'm unable to create a project.

Is there a manual explaining a little bit more how to use this new
interface? The short orientation document is too general to be really
usefull for a novice. The concept is interesting and I would like to test
it, but I fly in the dark or in the mist actually.

Cordialement,

Réjean

Réjean Dion, M.D.
Médecin-conseil en santé publique (maladies infectieuses)
Institut national de santé publique du Québec (INSPQ) /
Laboratoire de santé publique du Québec (LSPQ)
20045, chemin Sainte-Marie,
Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue (Québec)
Canada H9X 3R5
Tél.: (514) 457-2070 poste 325