[EpiData-list] EpiData Manager bugs - Request for assistance - Follow-up.

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Nov 8 14:55:37 CST 2011

Ma 08 nov 2011

To Torsten Bonde Christiansen:

Dear colleague,

As asked, the EpiData Manager version that was downloaded from the test
web site on october 26 2011 is:
Program Version: 0.8.8 r371
Core version: 0.8 r475
FPC Version: 2.4.4
Platform: i386-Win32

No installation was needed; it was simply copied on the desktop (bureau in
french) by one of our IT peoples; should it be installed in a specific
répertoire (folder)?

It's a simple exe file that run after cliquing on the EpiData Manager
icon.

If of any use for you, the portable PC I use is a lenovo T400 running on
Windows 7 and 64 bits (bibites in french?).

If I can pass over those major bugs, especially this "out of memory" one,
I could test this software and began my learning curve at the bottom.

This "out of memory" bug remember me the old "runtime error" or "stack
overflow" of the old Epi Info DOS; however, in the Win environment, it
seem to be a fatal problem for the files...

One of the things I also need to know is how to create something similar
to the chek command COMMENTLEGAL (with codes and associated values).

Many thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Réjean

Réjean Dion, M.D.
Médecin-conseil en santé publique (maladies infectieuses)
Institut national de santé publique du Québec (INSPQ) /
Laboratoire de santé publique du Québec (LSPQ)
20045, chemin Sainte-Marie,
Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue (Québec)
Canada H9X 3R5
Tél.: (514) 457-2070 poste 325