[EpiData-list] EpiData Manager bugs - comment legal

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Nov 8 16:07:29 CST 2011

On 2011-11-08 21:55, epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca wrote:
> One of the things I also need to know is how to create something similar
> to the chek command COMMENTLEGAL (with codes and associated values).

The comment legal from EpiData entry 3.1 is replaced by the entity
called "value labels".

In manager you define this by adding labels to the project and then
applying the labels to a given field. Look in the sample file provided
with the test exe and you will notice in manager how some fields have
value labels and other not. In the entryclient the value labels restrict
entry to the defined categories in a given value label set.

regarding the "out of memory" problem - I suggest to try to replicate
that problem on a diffent pc. As Torsten Christiansen noted we have not
seen this error before, so it is important to find out the reason or
circumstance for the error to appear. Due to other problems we have
stopped developing the windows 64 bit version until real progress is
made with the whole system.

I noticed you did use the 32 bit version on a 64 bit pc with windows 7.
It would be very useful if other users can report on experiences with
using the 32 bit Windows version on a 64 bit windows operating system.