[EpiData-list] RE : EpiData-list Digest, Vol 97, Issue 7

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Nov 9 01:42:10 CST 2011

Hi,
A response to Réjean,
I did not experience your "out of memory" problem, but I had the "Unable to open the file. An unknown error occured" one several times (because of ranges in DMY date fields, see my message on the list).
In this case, you can edit the epx file in wordpad or notpad, and delete the wrong lines, supposing you can identify then (possibly lines concerning value labels in your case).
Another solution is to backup files often, so that you don't have to start all over again each time.
Sorry, this won't give you the solution of your problem, but maybe will help you keep your patience while testing the Manager!
Confraternellement,
Pascal Thibon, MD, Epidemiologist
CHU Caen
France