[EpiData-list] Double entry verification

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Nov 9 19:28:30 CST 2011

Is it possible to use the Double Entry Verification tool on a relational
database?

The related REC files are:

*         Infant health diary.rec (the "Parent" file), and

*         Infant health diary weekly record.rec (the "Child" file)

I created the double entry databases:

*         Infant health diary_dbl.rec, and

*         Infant health diary weekly record_dbl.rec

In "Infant health diary_dbl.chk" I edited the code for the relate
command so that the double entry file is linked:

RELATE idchild "Infant health diary weekly record_dbl.rec"

When opening "Infant health diary_dbl.rec" for entry, I'm not given a
warning stating that EpiData is in double entry verification mode. Is
there something else I need to do to make this work? If not, I realise I
can set up a second relational database and check for inconsistencies
once all the data's been entered.

Cheers,

Suzanna Vidmar
Senior Research Officer
Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit

Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
Royal Children's Hospital
Flemington Road Parkville Victoria 3052 Australia

telephone: +61 3 9345 6372
facsimile: +61 3 9345 6000
email: suzanna.vidmar at mcri.edu.au
www.mcri.edu.au <http://www.mcri.edu.au/>