[EpiData-list] Double entry verification

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Nov 10 17:38:15 CST 2011

Hi Hans,

Yes I have a unique identifier for both the "parent" and "child" files.
They are childid for the "parent" file and a combination of childid and
"week starting" for the "child" file. I used these unique identifiers
for each file when selecting "match records by field". I entered data
into both the "parent" and "child" _dlb.rec files, deliberately entering
a discrepant value for one field in the "child" file and found the
verification didn't take effect. If there's a step in the process I've
missed, I'm not aware of what it is.

Thanks for responding to my previous email.

Suzanna Vidmar
Senior Research Officer
Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit

Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
Royal Children's Hospital
Flemington Road Parkville Victoria 3052 Australia

telephone: +61 3 9345 6372
facsimile: +61 3 9345 6000
email: suzanna.vidmar at mcri.edu.au
www.mcri.edu.au