[EpiData-list] EpiData Analysis on Windows 7

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Dec 6 10:38:18 CST 2011

Hi all,

I also discovered that in Windows 7 strange things are  happening:

I have in the ini file this:

* Default folder defined as:
cd C:\Program Files\EpiData\TestData

However if I write
logopen "output.txt" /close
the program stores the text
in the folder:
C:\Users\Myname\Appdata\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Epidata\Testdata

which is a conflict.

Also if I put
 * Default folder defined as:
cd D:\Data
then I have the same result
the program stores the text
in the folder:
C:\Users\Myname\Appdata\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Epidata\Testdata
I will try to manage - maybe it's my local problem.

Best regards
Vladimir

Best regards
2011/12/6 <epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca>

> Dear Edson:
>
> You do not specify the error EpiData Analysis gives, so it could be
> anything.  It often tells you pretty well what type of problem it
> encounters.  Thus, the answer to your specific question on the path is
> easily answered, but it may or may not be the problem.
>
> In the top line you see Edit as the second icon from the right.  On
> clicking your get a drop down menu that lists among other things "Edit
> Setup (EpiDataStat.ini)".  Open it with single-click and it opens in your
> text editor.  If you write as the last execution stop a command:
>
> cd X:\folder\sub:folder
>
> Where "X" is the drive letter, and the rest is the location of your data
> files, this is where EpiData Analysis will go to when you open it next time
> (or execute now with F8 being on the line).
>
> Best regards,
>
> Hans
>

> On 20:59, epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.**ca<epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca>wrote:
>
>> Hello Colleagues,
>>
>> I keep getting an error message while executing the command in Epidata
>> analysis. Searching through on Google, i got a thread of such request
>> by another user on this link
>> (http://lists.umanitoba.ca/**pipermail/epidata-list/2010q4/**001618.html<http://lists.umanitoba.ca/pipermail/epidata-list/2010q4/001618.html>
>> ).
>> His problem seem to be the same one i have, but the solution is not
>> clear.... Can someone please help me! I badly need to write my code in
>> the editor and run it latter...
>>
>> I tried to change the directory as suggested by Jens Lauritsen in the
>> ini file but i dont see where to change.
>>
>> I need help, i believe that some of you are using windows 7 too. Help
>> me if you have got the work around of this use.
>>
>> Edson Byamukama
>> Kampala, Uganda

Vladimir Prikazsky
tel:     +46 858 601 636