[EpiData-list] Access violation message

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jan 29 06:09:47 CST 2014

Hello,

I have mostly the same problem. I can open my original file "Beatrice.rec"
and work on it. Nevertheless, as soon as I try to save the file (modified
or not), I get this error message:

savedata "Beatrice.rec"

Saving data to: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrateur\Bureau\Beatrice.rec

*Exception occured: Access violation at address 00723AE4 in module
'EpiDataStat.exe'. Read of address 0000006D*

*Failed to save data to C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrateur\Bureau\Beatrice.rec*

Then, if I try to open this file newly created, the following message
occurs:

*Error in the datafile C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrateur\Bureau\Beatrice.rec.~~The field definition in line
1001 could not be read or interpreted.*

- It is on particular PCs using my log in only

- Data is saved to the local drive

- My operating system is: Windows XP Professional SP3.

I'm hoping someone on the EpiData email list is able to tell me what
cause is and how to fix it. Alternatively, there may be additional
information you need first. If that's the case, please let me know
what.

Thanks,

--
Marlène VERNAY
Chargée de mission en nutrition

UMR 204 NUTRIPASS
IRD Burkina Faso - Centre IRD de Ouagadougou
BP 182
01 Ouagadougou 01 - Burkina Faso
Tel: (+226) 66 00 63 57
E  mail: marlene.vernay at gmail.com