[EpiData-list] Adding value labels in EpiData Manager 2.0.0.1 RC2 24. Oct

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Oct 27 17:42:38 CDT 2014

Hello,
I am experimenting with the new release candidae, and I´m trying to design
a simple registration form in EpiData Manager.

I have a couple problems that may be trivial, but nevertheless, I´m a bit
stuck:

1: In the Win 64 bit version I struggle to edit Value labels for an integer
field. I click "New" in the Valuelabel button and bring up the Value label
editor, but I am not able to add any labels. I can, However add new values,
but seen not to be able to get the label line to get focus. Tried with
Enter, Tab, arrow keys, Mouse click etc but nothing works.

When I Open the same file in Mac, However, There are no problems at all
creating and editing a set of Value labels. I notice that i first choose
between "Internal" and "external" values - a choice which didm´t appear in
the Windows version.

2: Is there a way to edit the sequence the various variables get focus?
After a bit of editing, the flow of focus has become mixed up.

3. Is If-then calculations implemented? I experiment with making a
registration form for a call-center. First i define a variable "Caller´s
name" Then a boolean variable: Do you call us on behalf of yourself? Then a
variable with the name of the patient. If the call is about the caller
herself, I would like to copy the content from "caller´s name" to
"patient´s name" and then skip the patient name field. I realize that this
not strictly necessary, but just for the experiment´s sake..

Regards,

Vegard Hoegli,
Skien, Norway