[EpiData-list] New pre-public release of Manager (v2.0.0.22) and EntryClient (v2.0.0.7)

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Dec 22 18:28:11 CST 2014

Dear all

We have published new test versions of Manager and EntryClient
Manager is now at: v2.0.0.22
EntryClient is now at: v2.0.0.7

With this version we have moved both products from the experimental to
the pre-public release version area of the testing page on
http://www.epidata.dk/testing.php

We have removed quite many bugs and changed principles to what we find
is rather stable for the usage of:
- relational datasets
- "one form" datasets
- external value labels in a different file
- importing data into labels

- Many other possibilities for import, export etc, but with added
support for import from clipboard, alignment and many other features,
which will be documented in introduction manuals in early 2015. Another
implemented feature is the automatic checking of version against test
versions and public versions.

WARNING:  Although we think this is quite stable do NOT use on
production data or real projects still.

If you install from the test page, the ordinary distribution version
will be overwritten. So to continue with that one get the zipped/tar
compressed version of the test software instead and unpack to a
different folder on your computer.

Please test and report .

We are now working with details on the passage to a full public release
version. Next evaluation of discussions and reported bugs will take
place early 2015.

To analyse data in a relational dataset you should export one dataform
at a time. EpiData Analysis cannot read related data sets at this point.

regards