[EpiData-list] Access violation message- unable to open database

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Aug 11 02:54:29 CDT 2015

Hi,

I am in the middle of creating a database
on Epidata Manager v2.0.5.51 for Mac. There is one dataform and no
relational
databases. There are 13 sections and 468 fields so far.

Today when I tried to open the database I
get the message:

“The file [xxxx] is locked by another
program! The file was locked at [last time I tried to open it] by [my
username].

Continue opening this file?”

If I say No, the box just closes. If I say
Yes, the database opens in the background but I get the message:

“Access violation.

Press OK to ignore and risk data
corruption.

Press Cancel to kill the program”.

I have tried pressing OK many times but I
can’t get beyond the error message and can’t access the database which I
can
see behind it. I can see that I haven't lost any sections of the
database since I last saved it last night.

If I press Cancel then Epidata Manager
shuts down.

I’ve been through this process many times.
I can open the database on Epidata EntryClient. I can open other
databases on
Manager with no problem.

I have tried opening the ‘problem’ database
in the latest version of Manager on a PC but it also doesn’t work. I
have
downloaded the software again but that doesn’t work. I’ve restarted my
Mac..

Any advice on how to open this database
again would be very gratefully received. I can’t see any relevant
entries on
this particular scenario in the archives.

Kind regards

Laura

Dr Laura Asher MBBS MSc MFPH
Wellcome Trust Clinical Research Fellow
Centre for Global Mental Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical
Medicine
/Department of Psychiatry, Addis Ababa University

UK Phone: +44 (0) 207 2994668
UK Mobile: +44 (0) 7800 820978
Ethiopia Mobile: +251 (0) 912 649754
Email: laura.asher at lshtm.ac.uk