[EpiData-list] Access violation message- unable to open database

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Aug 11 07:46:20 CDT 2015

Is there a xxxxxxx.epx.lock file in your data folder? It should only be there while your project is open. This message comes up if I try to open a project in EntryClient while I have the project open in Manager. I wonder if your Mac has done something with permissions on that file. You can delete that .lock file safely if you are sure only one program has the project open. EpiData does a check and warns you if the file is not there.

Subject:  [EpiData-list] Access violation message- unable to open database

“The file [xxxx] is locked by another
program! The file was locked at [last time I tried to open it] by [my
username].

Continue opening this file?”