[EpiData-list] Problem defining the key variable for a relational database

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue May 23 16:10:26 CDT 2017

Hi there,

I have a relational database with three key variables (district_id; health facility_id; patient_id). It is relational as there are three forms: Patient Demographics, Patient Progress, Laboratory.

For the Progress form, for some reason, when try to enter the variables in the key (Right click form>Define key), I cannot add anything more than the patient_ID. The other options are greyed out. For all other forms, entering multiple variables in the key is no problem.

I'd appreciate some advice on what (obvious) option I am missing.

Thank you!

Ruwan