[EpiData-list] Problems appending files

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Apr 10 10:48:03 CDT 2019

Dear Omar Bautista:

You must have defined an identifier to be unique in File A, and the same
variable as unique in File B.  Let's say in file A, these are the records

id  age
A    34
B    40
C    21

In File B you have these:

id  age
B   45
D   56
E   18

In each of the files, "id" is unique, so no error message, but if you
append the two you have a duplicate "id" (B), thus non-unique and
resulting in an error message.

Regards,

Hans

--