[EpiData-list] HELP! HOW DO WE CREATE A SMALLEST DATAFIL.REC?

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat Apr 27 13:40:13 CDT 2019

Dear Pierre-Yves:

Explicitly, you would have - example - a data set that you read and
manipulate in EpiData Analysis [classic] as follows:

cls
close
read "original.rec"

* Contains variables VAR01, VAR02, .... , VAR19, VAR20
* Has 1200 records

* 1) Reduce number of variables
* => keep only some variables to your choice:
keep var01 var03 var05 var10 var11 var16
* if the converse gives less to write, use:
* drop var02 var04 var06 var07 etc

* 2) Reduce number of records [assuming sorted by your preference]
* Select only the first 500 records:
select recnumber<501

* Save the new data set:
savedata "reduced_set.rec" /replace

* Use the new set:
cls
close
read "reduced_set.rec"

* All this is in the superb help file which you get with F1 in EpiData
Analysis V2.2.3.187

Best regards,

Hans

--