[EpiData-list] new public release of Analysis, Manager and EntryClient released

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jan 9 14:54:42 CST 2020

Dear all

Yesterday we moved the "pre-release" version announced on December 31st
2019 to the official public download page. You may review the changes in
the announcement on that day.

So from now please install and use the updated versions. Some important
errors have been identified in previous versions of EntryClient, so you
should update.

You may always test which version you have in the help menu "check
version online".
EpiData Analysis:     1.6.0.0    EpiData EntryClient: 4.6.0.2 EpiData
Manager:    4.6.0.2

You might have to contact a central IT office if there are restrictions
on installation and use of software. E.g. in our hospital I have to
install from a local network drive while having a local administrator
right for 30 minutes.

We have not had any major issues reported - but a few minor aspects were
identified in-house and fixed.
E.g. A lacking !label abbreviation in a command and a change when
importing csv files (string variables identified shorter than about 70
characters will now be string and not memo).

Four observations that you should know of:
1
In analysis the command keys have been changed a bit. Check the "window"
menu and notice that in the editor "ctrl+a" will run all commands and
"ctrl+d" will execute the current command or a block if you have
selected a block of commands.

2
If in new analysis you wish to create a memo or upper variable these are
found as options to the
"new variable" command as options (!memo !Upper): e.g. new variable  txt
string !memo.

3
If you are creating password protection in Analysis, this is done at the
project level, not at the variable or dataset level. An example of this
is shown below.

4
Currently I am doing many SPC (Statistical Process Control) graphs in my
work at the hospital for hip fracture patient quality assurance. The way
this is done is that we extract from the main hospital registration
system a number of variables for all hip fracture patients. This is
saved once a day on a central server as a csv file. Then I import this
file with the new analysis and save it for table analysis  in new
analysis with many variables including time and memo variables
(analysisNew.epx).
But when I need to do the SPC graphs in Classic Analysis the epx file is
not read, since Classic Analysis cannot read this type of variable. The
remedy is to save a separate epx file (analysisClassic.epx) and use that
for the graphs. Then I can just copy the graphs to a common folder and
an html file shows the current results.

The principle is an extension of a system developed with Norwegian
Colleagues recording data for local municipal reporting from health
centers (Thanks Vegard Högli).

best wishes to all

Denmark

new p !l:="test project" !size:=100;
New project created: test project ....
(output omitted - project with 1 dataset and 100 observations created)

// to add a password encryption on all data:
edit p !pw:="test";
// to verify this :
list p;
  (output omitted - exect for info on "encryption"):
Project Encryption: simple password (data only);

// to remove a password:
edit p !pw:="";
list p;
  (output omitted - exect for info on "encryption"):
     Project Encryption: none