[EpiData-list] Problems installing Epidata 4.6.0.6 on Windows 10 Home

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jul 1 03:57:55 CDT 2021

Hi,

I’m having trouble installing and opening EpiData Manager and EntryClient 4.6.0.6 on a brand new Windows 10 Home laptop.

After completing the ‘All in one installer’ process, double clicking the shortcut icons does not open any application. On checking the Windows Application Logs, I see the following error message for both Manager and Client:

Faulting application name: epidatamanager.exe, version: 4.6.0.6, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: libeay32.dll, version: 1.0.2.5, time stamp: 0x56618848
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000ca23
Faulting process ID: 0x2584
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7686c70eb6c7f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\EpiData\epidatamanager.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\EpiData\libeay32.dll
Report ID: 5ea1974a-9f7a-435c-90ac-006cc7a19264
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have switched off all anti-virus software but this also didn’t fix the problem.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Thanks so much in advance!

Regards,
Johanna