[EpiData-list] PROBLEM: HOW TO CONNECT OVERTIME RECORDS PLEASE

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Jul 24 07:04:29 CDT 2022

You can do this in Analysis. My example is for the new EpiData Analysis. Similar commands work in classic analysis.

First create your time difference variable
new v mois i; // integer variable called MOIS

Then sort the data by subject ID and delivery date
sort sujetid accouchment;

Then calculate the time difference between records, but only when the subject ID is the same as in the previous record

mois := iif(sujetid = sujetid[_n - 1], (accouchment - accouchment[_n - 1]) DIV 30, 0);

Dividing the delivery dates by 30 gives approximate months. Dividing by 30.417 and rounding off is more accurate, but I’d go with the integers.

Jamie