Gwen Rue Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship will be offered to one graduate student who:
(1) is enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Graduate Studies in a Master’s or Ph.D. program delivered by the Department of Plant Science with a focus on: (a) crop and food production; or (b) climate change. Preference will be given to a student focusing on both (a) and (b);
(2) has achieved a minimum degree grade point average of 3.0 over the last 60 credit hours of completed university level study (or equivalent);
(3) has received a nomination from a graduate student, academic or support staff member of the Department of Plant Science.
Nominations are to consist of a letter outlining the reasons why the nominee should be considered for the award and be submitted to the Head of the Department of Plant Science. Nominees for the award must have made notable contributions to the Department of Plant Science, particularly in areas directly benefiting graduate students. This may include:
· involvement in the Graduate Student Association (GSA);
· participating on Department, Faculty, or University committees;
· providing encouragement or advice to other students;
· serving as a spokesperson for graduate students;
· organizing special events;
· taking part in any other activity that serves the interests of graduate students and/or the Department of Plant Science.
DEADLINE: Friday, March 17, 2017