The following is sent on behalf of the Canadian National Student Loan Service Centre….




Description: Description: clip_image002




Are you graduating or leaving school? Then it’s time to take charge of your finances!

Your government student loan(s) may come from the federal government and or your provincial/territorial government. This means you could have more than one loan to pay back.

The National Student Loan Service Centre (NSLSC) will send your Consolidation Agreement by mail before you are required to start making payments. The Agreement sets the terms for the repayment of your Canada Student Loan; this is the federal portion of your loan. You’ll have to make a number of decisions, including the type of interest rate and how long you’ll take to repay your loan. Depending on your situation, you might also receive another Consolidation Agreement by mail for your provincial or territorial student loan.

You don’t have to make any payments on your student loan(s) for the first six months after you leave school; however, interest will be added to your Canada Student Loan during these six months.

Helping you repay your loan

Missing payments can have serious and long-term consequences. Contact the NSLSC before you miss a payment. The federal government can provide you with a number of options, such as the Repayment Assistance Plan (RAP). Visit to use the Repayment Assistance Estimator.

Stay connected!


Sign up for an online NSLSC account on and ensure that the NSLSC has your up-to-date contact information.


For information on your student loan(s), contact the NSLSC at 1-888-815-4514

(TTY 1-888-815-4556).


For information on your provincial student loan(s), contact your provincial student financial aid office.


Visit for more information.

Description: Description: Canada logo  Letter