From: <> On Behalf Of Trina Kajtar
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2019 10:17 AM
Subject: [psu-hris] Service Canada SIN event Sep 4 & 5, 2019


Good morning, the following message is being sent on behalf of the International Centre.  Feel free to pass this information along to your International students!




Event Description:


Get Your Social Insurance Number (SIN) On Campus


Date & Time: Sept. 4 and Sept. 5, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Location: Room 543-44, UMSU University Centre, Fort Garry Campus


Service Canada will be coming to the U of M’s Fort Garry campus to issue Social Insurance Numbers (SIN) to qualifying U of M international students.  Saves you a trip to their office!

Students will be seen on a drop-in basis (first come, first served).  We anticipate that waiting times could be long and we cannot guarantee that all students will be able to receive their Social Insurance Numbers on September 4th or 5th.

Students coming to the SIN card sessions must bring the following documents:

If you DO NOT have a valid Work Permit:


·        U of M student card

·        Original Study Permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) that states the permit holder “may accept employment” or “may work” in Canada.  

·        Passport


NOTE:  If your Study Permit does not contain either of these statements, you must bring a study permit and a “confirmation to work off-campus” letter issued by IRCC (previously called Citizenship and Immigration Canada - CIC) prior to February 6, 2015.


If you have a valid Work Permit:

·        Original Work Permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

·        U of M student card (if you are a student)

·        Passport


There is no fee to apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN).


People can visit the IC website for all of the information: