[Epidata-list] "file corrupted" message

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Nov 24 09:08:24 CST 2003

Hi - Periodically (perhaps every few months) I am not able to open a .rec
file, and get the message that "one or more files are corrupted". Our IT
person will find that the end of the file marker has to be reset, and once
that is done, we're able to use the file again. We're now using
EpiData2.1b, although this has been happening for probably about a year,
with previous versions. I'm wondering if there is anything we can do to
prevent this "file corruption" from happening.  I'm wondering if this
problem could be related to my editing records in EpiInfo that have been
originally entered in EpiData.

thanks,
Elise

Elise Lennon, RN, MPH
Research Analyst
Massachusetts Rural Domestic Violence and Child Victimization Project
Massachusetts Department of Public Health
Western Regional Office
23 Service Center
Northampton, MA 01060