[Epidata-list] Analysing Epidata rec file in epi 2002

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jul 8 21:24:47 CDT 2004

We have found that importing boolean variables to EpiInfo 200x (v3.2.2)
from Epi6 does not work if you choose the file type
EPI6 - Direct Read

EpiInfo 200x doesn't convert the booleans Y/N in the Epi6 format if you
use Direct Read (I think). So it dies when it tries to do any analysis
on the boolean.

Importing using the file type Epi6 seems to do the conversion OK.

You can easily check this out with the RELY.REC sample file in Epi6.

Jamie Hockin