[Epidata-list] How to repeat a field

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Aug 12 17:44:56 CDT 2004

Hi Henrik,

Hopefully you have found an answer to your question by now. Otherwise, have
a look at the following example (an adaption of the house example on
www.epidata.dk):

-------------- Begin primary.chk --------------

DEFINE TEMPVAR __________ GLOBAL

var1
  AFTER ENTRY
    TEMPVAR = var1
  END
END

-------------- End primary.chk --------------

-------------- Begin related.chk --------------

* set var1 (or any other var) in the BEFORE RECORD step or ...
BEFORE RECORD
  var1  = TEMPVAR
END

* ... set it in the BEFORE ENTRY STEP of the variable (i.e. var1)

var1
  BEFORE ENTRY
    var1 = TEMPVAR
  END
END

-------------- End related.chk --------------

If the variable in question is your identifier, use the -KEY [UNIQUE]-
command instead - see the house example. Use the -RELATE- command to relate
your data sheets (again, see house example).

/Jesper

Regards,

Jesper Kjær Hansen
Student Assistant
Department of Statistics
University of Southern Denmark
mailto:kjaer.hansen at oncable.dk

| Call me with Skype: callto://kjaer.hansen   |
| or find me on MSN Messenger                 |