[EpiData-list] Command line and demonstration

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Apr 6 09:23:05 CDT 2005

Greetings.  2 things.

1. I saw an example from Epidata which looked like this:
 c:\epidata\epidatastat myreport.pgm

I haven't tried this but, does this mean that epidatastat will execute
the .pgm???

I would lke to see all components of EpiData, analysis, editor etc. to
be
Able to for example:  EpiENTER <file.rec>, EpiEDITOR <*.pgm>, EpiSIS
<myreport.pgm> etc.

Why?  When developing systems using MENUs it seems to be better to
'hide' from the
General user the database, reports .pgm etc.  Selecting EpiData and then
option 4
Exposes databases etc. to perhaps a not so sophisticated user.

2. I work for the CDC/Global AIDS Program and I think I have managed
folks to
Investigate placing EpiData, analysis etc. into what we call a software
development
Tool kit.

I have been asked if I would conduct a 'brown bag' demonstration etc.  I
do not think
I have enough experience as yet to do the software justice, expecially
Analysis.  Is there someone out there who would like to discuss this
with me?

Thanks and stay safe, kelly