[EpiData-list] How to select "string variables" in Epidata Analysis ?

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun May 1 11:03:23 CDT 2005

Dear sir,
Hello.
I am one of Epidata Users around the world. I can not
select "string variables" by Epidata Analysis.
I am not sure whether the "Epidata Analysis" program
can select string variables.

For example:

Name of my Variable : Outcome    and my Options for
the variable : cure , death , disabled, unknown
I write(or do) the command:

  select outcome="death"

But no selection is done and this is the massage :
  No records available
But I am sure that records are available because I
myself have entered them and also EpiInfo software do
select them !
Thank you
REZA