[EpiData-list] hidden values, but aggregate counts?

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Aug 30 11:09:15 CDT 2005

First, my thanks to Dirk for answering an earlier query of mine.  Please
forgive another question.

For each record, I calculate a value at the bottom of the data entry form
and determine if the respondent fits in group 1 or group 2.  Is there any
way to hide this group designation for the individual record (as in the
value cannot be seen in the form), but still count the aggregate number of
respondents fitting into group 1 or group 2?

I consider using a temporary variable as a counter, but this raises
complications if records are entered in separate batches or earlier records
have their values modified.

Thanks!

Anthony