[EpiData-list] Re calculation formula

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Sep 14 07:19:44 CDT 2005

Hello!
I need to calculate the sum of hours and days, in form of hours.
So I did the formula as : total hours = days*24 + hours
So when you have one day of time to be registered, and you have no
umber of hours (i.e. zero), it is writting as "00" (two digits of
zeros), then the "total hours" would give answer as "0", even though
the number 1 is writting in days.
When I triy to write the zero, as one digit (i.e. "0"), then it works fine.
Any tip how to overcome it?

Here is below a copy of the formula:
d8
  MUSTENTER
  AFTER ENTRY
    LET d10=d9*24 + d8
  END
END

Thank you in advance!
/Ziad

--
Ziad El-Khatib
Division of International Health Care and Research (IHCAR)