[EpiData-list] RE: Double Entry Record Advance problem isolated

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Sep 28 17:45:46 CDT 2005

After some troubleshooting, I found that this problem only occurs if the
last variable of the instrument has range checking defined.  When I
removed any references to the last variable in the check file, the
records advanced properly in double entry mode.  However, this was at
the expense of removing the error checking mechanism from a question.
Does anyone know of a workaround that would allow me to preserve error
checking on the last variable without encountering this problem (short
of changing the order the questions, which would confuse data
enterers)...perhaps a way to hard code a record advance into the check
file?

- David