[EpiData-list] new to epidata: 2 questions

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Nov 15 14:14:03 CST 2005

 I'm fairly new to Epidata and have a couple of questions:

  1  In the file manager, the check file I've created has "recovered file fragments" as the file type.  Is that correct?

  2  I've discovered I need to delete a number of variables from the  data file.  This seems straightforward since I can simply delete  them from the .qes file and they will be deleted from the .rec  file.  What happens to the .chk file when I open the new .rec file  with deleted variables?  Will Epidata revise the .chk file by  deleting the checks for variables that no longer exist?

  Many thanks for any help.

  Richard Herrell
  NIMH