[EpiData-list] : 2 questions

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Nov 17 05:10:16 CST 2005

hi.  in my experience:
1. "recovered file fragments" is a MS naming of  .chk files. and probaly other rhings it doesn't know about.
2. if you remove a variable from the .QES and try to enter data the error message will appear
saying that the variable name you have in the .CHK is an UNKNOWN COMMAND.
3. so, the answer to your question is: no, Epidata will not remove from the .chk variables
which have been removed from the .QES.  you'll have to do this yourself...at least it's what
I have to do.