[EpiData-list] Appending

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Nov 29 12:14:28 CST 2005

Kate:

Could it be that one of the variables at some places has an illegal
value?  I observed it with dates: while EpiData will accept a year "203"
for instance, it seems that if you append in EpiData Analysis, you could
get this type of error message.

You could go to the variable(s) in question in EpiData Analysis, sort on
the variable, browse and look at the beginning an the end whether there
is anything that could be fishy.  This of course after you used the
command "variables" in both datasets to ensure that the structure is
indeed identical.

Hans

I have a question regarding appending files properly.  I'm attemping to
append 2 datasets, and the program states that 4 variables among the 2
datasets are incompatible.  The variables appear to be consistent across
both datasets, so I'm at a bit of a loss.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Kate

--
Hans L Rieder, MD, MPH
Jetzikofenstr. 12