[EpiData-list] Formatting and exporting data

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Dec 5 00:33:01 CST 2005

Thanks Jens for your prompt and detailed response to my question about
exporting numeric fields for use in Stata.  While the fix you suggest in
Stata (for var * : capture format X %9.0g) is simple for experienced Stata
users, it's a bit painful as a general approach for new users.  I'm
definitely in favour of exporting according to type and sticking to %9.0g
formatting, if this is possible.

Cheers,
Suzanna

Suzanna Vidmar
Research Fellow

Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit
Royal Children's Hospital
Flemington Rd
Parkville Victoria 3052

telephone: +61 3 9345 6372